MerMay 2022

As of 2022, I knew about MerMay and eagerly looked forward to @thadollylama 's prompts.  In fact, I went all out, with an underwater "downtown" set, seven of the main characters from my Supernatural doll stories, and even a complete parody of an episode of Supernatural.

I believe the prompt illustrated below was Hooking Up.  Steffi Love reprised her MerMay 2021 role as Kiki the mermaid, Rufus Turbot's sometime love interest.  (Yes, in the spirit of MerMay, I gave all the Supernatural characters sea-related pun names.)







Below:  I don't even know what the prompt was, but I got to make puns to my heart's content (below).  This post introduced the mermaid version of Bela Talbot, one of Supernatural's most interesting recurring characters.  I also made an undersea parody of the title card I use on Instagram to start all my story posts:










Dean and Bela in formalwear (above) are a parody of a scene from Season 3, Episode 6 of Supernatural, titled Red Sky At Morning.  Below, the real Dean and Bela, played by Jensen Ackles and Lauren Cohen.








The scenes above illustrated the prompt, SOFISHTICATED.  Bela's line about having angry sex, and Dean's line, "Don't objectify me," are straight from the Supernatural script.  Minus the puns, of course!



Below, another line lifted straight from the script:  Sam's comment and Dean and Bobby's response.  This was a brief parody of  Season 5, Episode 7, titled The Curious Case of Dean Winchester.  I aged Dean and Bobby using PaintShop Pro.






I can't remember what the prompt was for the photos below, but they take place at the Prawn Shop.  













The prompt for the photos below was MERSONA.  As in, Sam takes on the mersona of a priest to gain the trust of witnesses.  I used my baby granddaughter's toys for this one, which is silly, but now that she's turning three soon, I like the nostalgia of it.


Dean's in a suit (above).  Is his mersona an FBI agent?  Insurance investigator?  Who knows?

Below are Dean, Castiel, and Sam, all armed with tridents.  Again, I don't remember the specific prompt.  But they're definitely being heroic in these poses.




Below, a family photo from Supernatural, Season 5.  I wanted to recreate it with the merfolk.





A little undersea Destiel:





Below, a little photo tour of the underwater "downtown" set and some more group photos.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Season 5 Special Event: Hugh Cheatham and Darryl O'Neil Wedding