MerMay 2021
I joined Instagram in 2020. One of the first big Instagram events I joined was in the spring of 2021: MerMay. For several years, this month-long even was hosted by @thadollylama, who would publish a list of prompts, one for every other day of the month of May. Below are the prompts I managed to do for MerMay 2021, starring Rufus Turner and a Steffi Love doll mermaid. For the first prompt, I photographed Rufus on white paper and then used my ancient PaintShop Pro software to make it look like he'd just fallen overboard into the SEA OF LOVE. (I don't remember in what order the rest of the prompts were originally supposed to be, so I'm just posting them in whatever order makes sense to me to make a little story.) My mermaid was this thrifted Steffi Love doll. I dressed her in a homemade tail trimmed with iridescent white lace, and a shell bra lined in scraps of the same lace. I used my "Gates of Hell" diorama as the stone backdrop, and decorated it...
Comments
Post a Comment