An Ellwood, Indiana Motel

 An unnamed motel in Ellwood, Indiana is the scene of UFO-related hijinks in this Season 6, episode 9 installment of the TV show Supernatural.  I didn't use this room as a bedroom in the A-Frame.  Instead, I built it just to recreate scenes from the episode.



The room had an Americana theme with a corn room divider, kitschy art, and rustic green paneling, and used the huge headboard seen repeatedly in various motel rooms throughout Supernatural's 15-year run.






I recreated the dotty chenille bedspreads with paint on a pair of thrift store pillowcases.


The original curtains were blue, but I used some fabric I had that seemed to fit the bill.  I was delighted to have a miniature green rotary phone because if you look closely, you can see the motel was equipped with a seriously old school green rotary phone.


Dean's posture here says it all.  


Dean:  "Well, uh, there was this... God help me, Sam, there was this bright white light!"               

Sam:  "It’s okay. Safe room."

Dean:  "And then suddenly, I was, uh, I was in a different place. And there were these beings, and they were too bright to look at, but I could feel them pulling me towards this sort of table—"



Sam: "Probing table!"

Dean:  "God!  Don't say that out loud!"


My first attempt at making an orange arm chair for the A-Frame living room now lives in the corner of this motel room.  I made a printable of green paneling to use on the base of the room divider, but elsewhere in the room the wallpaper is made from an old window shade from my very seventies kitchen.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Season 1, Episode 1: A Long Way from Home

Season 1, episode 6: A Day In The Life

Season 1, Episode 4: Bat out of Hell